What is the top priority in the renovation process? For waterproofing projects, the owner must wake up to 12 minutes. Do you really know how to properly choose waterproof materials, how to ensure the quality of waterproofing, and how to distinguish between good and bad products?
Three key points for waterproof material qualification
The true environmental protection waterproof material should have the test report, product test report and product certificate issued by the nationally recognized testing center. In addition, pay attention to the manufacturer's service measures when purchasing waterproof coatings. Generally, regular manufacturers will have relatively standard pre-sales, sales and after-sales services when selling products. Some well-known brands will also promise free maintenance and long-term waterproof warranty periods. The most critical part of the waterproofing of the decoration lies in the surface treatment and subsequent protection. Industry insiders remind consumers:
1. Permanent waterproofing: Waterproofing is the first choice of waterproof materials, which avoids the time and cost of rework.
2. Green and environmental protection: Water-proof materials with strong odor and high toxicity will affect the home environment and human health.
3. Convenient construction: Try to choose waterproof materials that facilitate construction operations, reduce procedures, and save labor and materials.
Three main points in waterproof layer decoration
So how to decorate the waterproof layer? What are the basic conditions that must be met during the renovation process so as not to leak water in the later period?
1. Fully coated waterproof coating, no omissions; firmly bonded to the base layer, no bubbles, no cracks, no delamination, and flat surface; the coating height of the rolled part is basically the same, and the thickness must meet the product requirements.
2. The construction of other subsequent projects shall be carried out within the time specified in the manual after construction. Bathrooms, kitchens, balconies, basements, and floors and walls of all rooms on the first floor must be waterproofed. 距离地面不低于1.8米的防水层，或者满做至顶；厨房、阳台的地面和墙面、一楼住宅和所有墙面要做距离地面0.3米的防水层；地下室的地面和所有墙面都要做防水层。 Among them, the wall of the bathroom is usually at least 1.8 meters away from the ground, or fully covered to the top; the floor and wall of the kitchen, balcony, the first floor of the house and all the walls must be waterproof at 0.3 meters from the ground Floor; the basement floor and all walls must be waterproofed. Water pipe grooves in walls must also be waterproof.
3. When pipes, floor drains, etc. pass through the floor, the waterproof layer around the holes must be carefully constructed. The buried water pipe in the wall should be a groove larger than the diameter of the pipe, and the groove should be plastered smoothly and brushed with a waterproof coating.